Thursday, February 4, 2010

Project 1 Drum Loop



This beat is inspired by some of my favorite artists such as Guns n Roses, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Aerosmith. In the first section of the drum loop I used the bass drum to give my beat some character and to give it more of a groove. The second section of the loop consisted of a ride cymbal instead of a closed high hat like in the first section. This made the beat sound more free and open. In the fills in the pattern use a mix of the bass drum, the snare, and a clap to create a quick pattern.I felt that the first fill and the second section contrasted well together to create a good pattern. Hope You Like It.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not really hearing Guns and Roses in here, but your loop does fit the criteria I laid out. I like the fills, although I wanted them to be a little more busy and obvious. Your use of percussion is very good.

    ReplyDelete